1. Do you have a word for the year (WOTY)? If so, and you’d like to share, please share. How do you decide on a word? If you don’t have a word are you still on the hunt for one for 2024?
I did the word of the year once, I believe. Every year I’m like I’m going to choose a word and every year I feel like it’s the same thing, so I don’t do it.
2. January 23rd is National Pie Day…will you celebrate? Do you like pie? What’s your favorite?
I do like pie, but it’s not my ‘go to’ dessert. I love pecan pie and apple pie.
I did celebrate but not for pie day, but because it was my older son’s 26 birthday on the 23rd. How do I have a 26 year old?!?! That makes me feel so very, old.
3. Tipping. What are your thoughts, expectations, as to who, when where? Do you appreciate a store/restaurant giving a ‘suggested amount’? Have you ever left an extravagant tip?
I feel like I’m pretty traditional when it comes to tipping, so it has been difficult for me to adjust to the new higher amounts of tipping. I mean, I do tip 18% now. Of course, I tip more for exceptional service.
4. Share with us one household ‘tip’ that works for you.
Clean as you go and clean/organize one area a week. I follow a chart that I made years ago to make sure I cover all the areas of the house at least twice a year.
5. Influencers on social media are people who’ve built a reputation for their knowledge and expertise on a particular subject. Do you follow any influencers online? Have you made a purchase or tried something new because of that ‘influence’? If there’s one you particularly enjoy tell us who they are and why you enjoy them.
I know I follow several influencers, but I can’t think of who they are right now. I’m not sure if she would consider herself an influencer, but I really enjoy Simply Small Town (her instagram)
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I was looking back through old pics of Drew in his younger years. It just feels like a life time away and in my mind I’m like “Did I really live that life?”
I told my coworkers I’m just feeling pretty nostalgic and even a bit emotional. Why does 26 sound so much older than 25?