Cinnamon spice is not just about the aroma; it also offers numerous health benefits. Even though cinnamon is associated with baking and sweet treats, it can be a delicious flavor for your dishes. Explore these three ways to make savory and delicious meals using cinnamon.
Apple Pie Pork Chops
Infusing flavors in pork chops allows a sweet and spicy meal outside the normal routine. Bake the apples with cinnamon to make them juicy and tender. Ensure you mix all the spices thoroughly before spreading them over the apple and pork chops.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 tablespoon brown sugar
4 oz applesauce
4 pork chops
1 apple, diced
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Mix the cinnamon, sugar, salt, applesauce, nutmeg, paprika, and pepper in a container to form an apple sauce mixture.
- Put pork chops and apples in a pan.
- Sprinkle the applesauce mixture on either side of apples and pork chops, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip the pork chops and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve your delicacy warm.
Roasted Cinnamon Lemon Chicken
The meal takes fifteen minutes to prepare. Serve with vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, and asparagus. It is healthy, gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30. You can adjust the ingredients below to your liking.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: I hour
1 whole chicken
3 chopped tablespoon green onions
2 teaspoon salt
1 lemon, small
1 red onion, large, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon pepper
¼ cup cooking olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Put the chicken in a pan. Spread cinnamon, salt, and pepper over the chicken and sprinkle the olive oil.
- Place the onions around the chicken and add the salt and olive oil to the onions.
- Spread the green onions over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes, swap the pan and then bake for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve with your preferred accompaniment.
Winter Broccoli Cinnamon Soup
As you prepare the soup, ensure you do not cook for longer than specified. Otherwise, it will lose its taste and nutrition. You can serve it with dishes such as paneer biryani and brown rice.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
1 broccoli, chopped
2 small garlic, crushed
2 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 large onion
- Put the butter/margarine in a pan and melt.
- Add onion and garlic, and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Add the soy sauce, broccoli, and seasoning. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Cool for five minutes and then liquidize until smooth.
- Put it back in the pan, add the cinnamon, and gently reheat.
- Serve when hot with your favorite dish.
Cinnamon can be used to spice up many other dishes and desserts. It is a must-have spice for everyone who wants to explore a variety of tastes for everyday meals. If you have never tried cinnamon, it’s time to explore it.