Looking for a way to get crunchier chicken fingers? These Cheez-It Breaded Chicken Fingers are so easy to make and are truly delicious. The first time I made these my family was upset that I didn’t make more. Next time I’ll be doubling the recipe. Oh, the life of a house of full males! 🙂
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
2 lbs. of chicken
2 cups of Cheez-Its
1 tbs. garlic
1 cup of flour (I used wheat flour)
1 tbs. Cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
Egg Wash Ingredients
1/2 cup milk
Vegetable Oil (enough to have about a 2 inch layer in a pan)
1. Pour oil into frying pan until it’s about 1/3 full. Heat on low.
2. Cut chicken into strip size pieces or you could do bite size pieces for nuggets.
3. Put the the Cheez-Its into a ziplock bag. Use a rolling pin to crush up the crackers until its you get the texture you want. Then pour the Cheez-Its in with the other breading ingredients into a bowl. Stir to ensure ingredients are mixed well.
4. Scramble eggs, milk, and add a splash of Tabasco
(more for more spiciness).
5. Dip each piece into egg wash. Make sure it is coated.
6. Toss it around through the breading ingredients until coated.
7. After all chicken is coated, add chicken to oil. Make sure none are touching or overlapping. Flip each piece.
8. When pieces are golden brown remove from oil and place on plate with paper towel and dab off excess oil.
Serve with Chicke-fil-a Honey Roasted BBQ Sauce or Fat-Free Honey Mustard Sauce
What a brilliant idea! My kids would love this.
I just made pretzel crusted chicken using the bottom of a bag of pretzels… I think I have a box of cheez-its in my pantry right now!!
Wow, I have never thought about that. It sounds good. I will have to give it a try!
Love the addition of tabasco!! these look great!
This is genius! We love Cheese Itz! Will definitely be trying this! Thanks for sharing!
This is genius! I need to try this out asap!
Jeans and a Teacup
This is such a great idea! I love unique ways to prepare dinner like this!
Pingback: Pretzel Breaded Chicken Fingers - A Camera and A Cookbook
Thank you for sharing. It was exactly what I wanted