Today on our 12 Days of Christmas Treats post we’re sharing a great standby. This traditional Snowball cookies are a Christmas favorite in my many households. I know they’re one of my husband’s favorite cookies. I used the traditional recipe, but improved it by using browned butter, which adds a bit of richness to the cookies.
Servings: 3 dozen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes for each batch
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup browned butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Combine (regular) sugar, butter, and vanilla and mix on low speed.
3. Slowly add in flower until mixed thoroughly. Then, add in pecans.
4. Roll balls into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and cook for about 20 minutes, but watch to ensure they don’t get too brown.
5. Allow to cool, but roll each cookie through powdered sugar while still warm.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cup
- browned butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine (regular) sugar, butter, and vanilla and mix on low speed.
- Slowly add in flower until mixed thoroughly. Then, add in pecans.
- Roll balls into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet and cook for about 20 minutes, but watch to ensure they don't get too brown.
- Allow to cool, but roll each cookie through powdered sugar while still warm.
- [symple_spacing size="10"]
These looks so delicious. I will have to print out the recipe. Thanks for sharing them.
These look amazing! We can’t do tree nuts at our house, I wonder if almonds would work instead?
I think chopped almonds would definitely work just as nicely.
These look JUST like a nut ball recipe I made every year, but the browned butter is a great idea!!
I love cookies like these! Thanks so much for the recipe.
This looks really yummy! Definitely trying this recipe.
Pingback: The Southern Girl’s Holiday Dessert Round Up