This mummy magnet is so easy, but still fun for kids of all ages. As a former teacher, I understand when you need a little something to fill time, whether it be in the classroom, at a party, or just at home one rainy afternoon. Having these few materials on hand, could be a life saver! It makes for a cute little magnet on the fridge to bring back those fun fall memories.
Making Time: 10-20 minutes depending on age
Wooden ice cream spoon
2 googly eyes
1 magnet (or instead of making a magnet you can use a safety pin if you prefer to show it off with your favorite Halloween shirt)
5-6 White Jersey potholder loops or 1 old white shoe lace
1. Cut each loop one time, so that it is no longer a loop.
2. Spread glue on both sides of spoon.
3. After getting one end of loop to stick, wrap entire spoon with white loops. I found that the pot holder loops work much better than the shoe lace. Looks more ‘real’ too.
4. Determine which side will be the front. The side that will be your back is where you can tuck loose ends in so they’re not sticking out.
5. Separate the at the top and glue on eyes.
6. Glue on magnet.
Enjoy! Happy Halloween!