Hello, yall! Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. Today saw where Joanne had written her 10 on the 10th post and decided to jump in and share about birthdays too!
1. What is your earliest birthday memory? I think it was my 8th birthday. I wanted to have my friends come to a restaurant called Steak and Ale. I loved their Hawaiian chicken and the feel of the restaurant. So my friends came over all dressed up and we went there and then went back to my house for a sleep over.
Here’s a picture of us there. I’m the on in the middle looking like I’m being super silly. I remember just being so very happy to be at my fancy restaurant dressed up with my friends.
2. What is your favorite birthday tradition?
These days I like to plan a time to go out to eat with my family. With my boys both on their own, we have to arrange around everyone’s schedule. I didn’t get a picture from my birthday this year. Darn it! Here’s the pic from my birthday last year.
Rob usually takes me out for lunch somewhere a little fancier because it’s cheaper at lunch time. This year we went to Amsterdam, which is one of my favs. Last year we went to Acre which is also amazing!
3. How do you like to celebrate birthdays?
I’m pretty low key. I like simple celebrations. Dinner with family makes me happy.
4. What is the best birthday gift you’ve ever received?
I think I’ve gotten a couple MacBook Pros for my birthdays over the years, which is always super nice and appreciated. However, I always love things that you can tell people really put a lot of thought into.
I also love getting experiences for my birthday as well. Last year Rob got us tickets to see Ziggy Marley in concert.
5. What is the best birthday gift you’ve ever given?
The boys always loved getting video game stuff. Here’s a collage I made for Alex’s 8th birthday that brings back memories.
6. If money were no object, what would be the very best way to celebrate your birthday?
I mean…I would love to travel somewhere beautiful with my family and experience new adventures together. Gondola rides in Venice with an amazing Italian meal and Cannolis sounds amazing!
7. What is your favorite birthday treat?
I love cake and ice cream.
8. How long do you celebrate your birthday?
I pretty much just celebrate the day of my birthday, unless we can’t get everyone together that day. In that case, Rob and I will go out to eat for lunch on my birthday and dinner with everyone else as soon as we can all get together.
9. What is the best thing about your birthday?
I mean, it’s in September so it was always fun being older than a lot of my friends growing up. Now that I’m a grown up, I like that it’s fall and should be starting to cool off around my birthday or soon after.
10. What is your sign (zodiac, that is)? I’m not in to all that, but I’m a Libra.
Linking up with Marsha in the Middle