Happy New Year, Yall!
Here we are another year down. No truer words were said than the days are long, but the years are fast.
This post shares my memories, dreams, and reflections from this year. I got the idea from Ashley’s blog, which is no longer updated. See the bottom of the post for the ‘rules.’
2. I Love You My family at Thanksgiving.
3. Still Laughing… Lots of laughs this year, which is never a bad thing!
The Dolphin experience in Blue Lagoon Island near Nassau Bahamas (I haven’t posted about this yet) was so fun. This made us laugh!
4. Winter Wonderland This last week it got really cold for much longer than we’re used to. Our heat pump struggled to keep us super warm. Luckily Rob made a fire in the fireplace, but here he is with his hood on. It was below freezing and felt like single digits for a few days, which we are totally not used to.
6. Friends I apparently did a terrible job of capturing time with friends. I feel like we, especially me, have been more social this year. I am bummed I don’t have a picture of any of the gatherings from my empty nester group, or of the 3 Christmas gatherings from right before Christmas. This is from our weekend in Lakeland.
7. I Was Inspired… This year visiting a new dr to get help for my fibro has inspired me to take hold of my health; eat healthier and exercise everyday. I’ve been on this journey since the end of September. Losing weight is often one step forward, two steps back, but I’m continuing to be motivated regardless. The holidays are hard with all the sweets and goodies, but I haven’t totally lost all hope 😉 Since September I’ve lost about 18 lbs so far. Long way to go, but that’s ok.
8. Spring Fever When the flowers start coming out, it makes me so excited for spring!
9. Travel or Vacation We did a good amount of traveling this year. I included all the vacations and travels for whatever reason.
January – Rob and Alex went on the Annual Boy Scout Ski trip in Gatlinburg, TN
February – Rob, Alex, and I attended the Annual Winter Youth Retreat. I decided that since Alex graduated and will no longer be attending this, I will not be an adult leader anymore. Rob loves it so much and will continue to serve.
March – Rob and I went on a cruise with his Mom and Step Dad on the Carnival Horizon.
April – Rob, his brother Nick, Alex, and I went to New Orleans to see Journey in concert.
We went to Baton Rouge that evening and visited with family over that Easter weekend.
Rob and I went to St. Louis and Kansas.
May – We went to Newnan, Ga for a wedding. It was a lot of fun.
June – Rob, his brother, Nick, and I went to Omaha, NE for the College World Series.
July – We went on our Annual 4th of July trip. This year to Murphy, NC.
Rob and I also went on Back 2 Back Cruises from New Orleans. I’m still working on those posts, but will have them all listed here>>>Carnival Glory
Alex went on a boy’s beach trip.
September – Rob went to Atlanta three times. Once to see Elton John for the last time.
And twice to see the Braves play. More about that in this post>>>September’s Monthly Digest
Drew and Caitlyn went to Florida because her mom was in the hospital and they thought she was going to pass away.
October – Caitlyn went to Portland, OR for a conference for work.
November – Drew and Cailtyn went to down to Florida because her mom wasn’t doing well. They asked us to come down and she passed away the next day.
Rob and I went with Drew and Caitlyn to Atlanta. >>>> Double Date in Atlanta
December – We went to Florida for a wedding.
11. A Day In My Life I actually wrote a Day in the Life post back in October.
12. All Smiles Playing a game on Christmas Day
13. Autumn Harvest As I made my daily walks through the neighborhood, I noticed all the beautiful leaves.
14. Family or Home
16. Let’s Do It Again… I had all the good intentions with my garden this year, but with so much travel in the spring my seed starting wasn’t good. I hope in 2023 I’m able to have a more successful garden.
17. I Miss You Caitlyn’s mom passed away on Nov. 5th.
18. Beautiful The Caribbean is just a beautiful place.
19. Dress Up Had lots of opportunities to dress up this year. Weddings, formal nights and cruises, etc. Back in May was Drew’s good friend’s wedding. Here I am with my boys…all dressed up.
21. Holidays Here’s the fam at Christmas. I’ll post about this soon with more pics.
22. My Favorite This is one of my favorite pics this year. Can’t wait to share about our time in Freeport, Bahamas.
23. Don’t Ever Change Bigsby makes me laugh!
24. Just Because… I love birds…
If you made it here to the end of the post, you rock!
This is such a fun post to put together. It requires that you think through the last year and look through your pictures. I would love for you to join with me by doing this post. If you do please share it below in the comments! Happy New Year!
Here’s the ‘rules’ of this post from Ashley: The beauty of Memories, Dreams and Reflections is that you don’t really have to photograph anything new, but share photos you’ve taken all year long. Want to join along? Here’s how:
1. Go through your 2020 archives and select photos that represent each prompt (or take a few new photos).
2. Feel free to write as much or as little about each prompt as you’d like.
3. Feel free to post more than one picture for each prompt if you think it’s necessary. If you don’t have a picture to represent the prompt, skip it…participate as much or as little as you’d like.
4. If you use any photos that are not your own, please provide a source.
5. Have fun!