Today was very busy…
mopped the downstairs bathroom (big chore of the week from LAST week)
mopped the kitchen (big chore of the week)
organized the cabinet with spices in my kitchen (big project of the week)
cleaned my desk (big project of the week for NEXT week)
organized the book shelf in the bedroom (just decided to because it was driving me nuts)
started cleaning out my closet (just decided to get started on that)
This was after going to Sunday School and to Loco’s for lunch.
WOW!! So I’m exhausted and sore!
Tomorrow night we’re headed to Atlanta for a memorial service for Rob’s Band director from high school, who died 10 years ago tomorrow quite suddenly after finding out he had a brain tumor. It’ll be sad, as he was a GREAT guy!
Posted 1/30/2005 at 11:14 PM
See my Mr. Picasso Head here! Fun!!
Posted 1/29/2005 at 4:38 PM
I got Drew’s Birthday Pictures posted.
Posted 1/27/2005 at 8:34 PM
Another observation over with!! Halleluhah! Now I just have the 2 with my principal.
I’m tired and achy from the stress. Going to lay down.
Posted 1/27/2005 at 6:21 PM
I’ve had a lot to say lately, but unfortunately have not been in the mood to write!
I’m having another observation tomorrow with the Elementary Coord. Looking forward to having that over with! Then I have 2 with my principal at some point, since he never did my 1st one last semester!
So I don’t know! Had a Grandmother Baby shower today at work! Isn’t that funny! She got a pack and play, a high chair, a swing, clothes, toys, etc!!! Sheesh!
I’m gonna go for now….
Posted 1/26/2005 at 5:50 PM
Happy Birthday, Drew!! BIG SEVEN!!!
Wow! How time goes by so fast! For those of you who have children, you probably know exactly what I’m talking about. And for those of you who don’t have kids, people tell you this and you just don’t realize HOW fast it goes by and in some ways its sad! I know it’s part of life!
Drew and his friend had a great time! We went to church and then came home and had a shrimp fry. The Johnston’s came down. They gave him a Color Your Own Fort. We gave him Dunston Checks In, Fluke, and Far From Home DVD’s, some shirts, a remote control car, a Math workbook, colors, and crayons and Scooby underwear!
Posted 1/23/2005 at 5:53 PM
Well, just checking in. I’m exhausted! My day:
8-12 TEAM Math Workshop
12:00 Came home and got ready to go to Columbus
1:00 The family and I went and picked up Drew’s best friend to go to Hollywood Connection
1:30 Ate at Chef Lee’s in Columbus
2:00 Got to Hollywood Connection and played. Alex had a good time too! Nick, Maria, and Layne showed up to our surprise!
6ish Headed back to Auburn and went to Chick-Fil-A drive through, brought home dinner
I CAN’T BELIEVE He’ll be 7 TOMORROW!
Posted 1/22/2005 at 9:27 PM
Ok, you know how when your sick and you just lay and lay and sleep and sleep and watch TV unti you can’t stand it? I’ve only been doing this for half a day and I’m like “I WANT TO FEEL BETTER!! I’M TIRED OF LAYING HERE!” So I’m laying here surfing the net and I found the mood bears, which are so cute! There’s not a bored bear so I thought the gloomy bear was the next best thing! Guess I’m gonna go find something to eat and watch the The Apprentice 3!
Posted 1/20/2005 at 7:58 PM
Oh my!! I can’t even imagine!! I thought 8.14 lbs. was bad!! WOW!!!
What the article doesn’t say that the news did was the mother was diabetic and didn’t control her blood sugar while pregnant!!
Posted 1/20/2005 at 7:46 PM
I’ve been watching the Inaugural Parade, waiting to see the Auburn University Band. I waited and waited and waited through the awful coverage! I’ll have to confess I was flipping between FOX News and CNN (ooo, can’t believe I just said that!) I was about to give up and run and get the kids, when I thought I’ll flip one more time since FOX was on a commercial and there they were! As much as I LOVE FOX News, I will have to say I’m totally bummed they were on commercial the entire time Auburn was on there! I know they have to go to commercial, but that was just awful timing!!! OH well….
Posted 1/20/2005 at 6:14 PM
Uhhh! I’m at home, SICK, with this nasty crud! I think I’ve got what msmusic74 has! I went to work today and my voice went from raspy to a faint whiper! Some coworkers urged me to come home and get some rest. So I’m laying here trying to rest.
Anyway…I’m going to go and see if I can get to sleep….
Posted 1/20/2005 at 1:2 PM
OH! Just thought of something… (This may be gross to some…sorry!)
Alex woke up this morning with red dry crusty boogers! (I know, YUCK!) Anyway, so I was getting him dressed and ready for school. He blew threw his nose and his nose started bleeding! Aughgh! How hard is to get a 10 month old dressed while trying to not get red stuff all over the place? Sheeesh! Luckily, it wasn’t pouring out. He’s had some congestion and stuff and I guess it got so dry it caused it to bleed. Didn’t phase him in the least! LOL
Posted 1/19/2005 at 9:14 PM
Not much going on…work, kids, housework, etc! Watched American Idol last night and tonight. Very funny! I’ve got the CRUD that lots of people have right now, yuck! Don’t know what else to tell ya right now, so I’m off to bed…LOL!
Posted 1/19/2005 at 9:9 PM
I love Valentine’s Day, so I decided to make my page all “Love-y Dove-y”! Hope you enjoy it for the next month or so!
Posted 1/17/2005 at 3:33 PM
Uhh! I’m in the process of trying to update the family website and A &T’s pages, but the iDisk is not cooperating!! Arhghghghgh! OH, well…I guess I need to quit and let it fix it’s problems and then I can come finish without being so frustrated!
I’ve gotten the new pages up so I’ll be posting those links over to the left of my page. Check those out later!
Posted 1/17/2005 at 11:9 AM
Posted 1/17/2005 at 10:23 AM
Posted 1/16/2005 at 2:5 PM
Well, I was just doing some research and seems that I’m the Prehypertension category:
Because my bp was 136 over 86.
So now I need to vow to exercise and eat healthier!
Posted 1/14/2005 at 6:17 PM
Uhh! I’m exhausted! It sure doesn’t feel like I’ve had the day off! 2 doctor’s appts, lunch, and cleaning! Pretty much what I’ve done. Alex is home with me, but he’s feeling lots better, it seems!
I’ve been cleaning like crazy since lunch. I thought the house was pretty clean, but I get so nit-picky when I know we’re having company other than family. Rob is hosting a party tonight for a few of his coworkers. I need a little nap before I go get Drew.
Talk to you later!
Posted 1/14/2005 at 4:49 PM
I was up with Alex last night several times. He’s running a fever, has a runny nose, and is coughing. Now he’s also been throwing up! Luckily I took the day off tomorrow for 2 dr.’s appts., so Rob will work from home during that time and then I’ll be able to be home to take of him. I’m exhausted!!
Posted 1/13/2005 at 7:40 PM
I was watching the Biggest Loser today. While watching it Drew said, “Mom, you need to go on the Biggest Loser, cause you know you’re kinda big!”
Posted 1/11/2005 at 11:21 PM
Today I took Alex to daycare as I always do. But instead of going to work the way I usually do, I took the “scenic” route. It seems that many times as I’m driving, I take the “scenic” route, instead of the most direct route. Rob always laughs at me when I drive because of this. Although when he’s in the car I try to go the way he would go! Anyway, I started thinking about scenic vs. direct and I thought maybe that’s the story of my life.
It seems that so many times my life is on the scenic turnpike and not the interstate! For example after graduating, I so badly wanted to work in the ACSchools and if not, then the OCSchools, because they’re close to where we live and they have good schools. Instead, I was working for an awful school district for 5 years of my life, in which I was miserable, a great deal of the time. Needless to say I had to drive 40 minutes and I was working in the Eastern time zone, while living in the Central!!
Another example, for nearly 2 years Rob and I tried to conceive our second child, while God had other plans. This did teach me that God answers prayers when He knows it’s best! Not when we always think it’s best! But then I get back to my life, taking the scenic route and just wondering what part of the route I’m on now and where my final destination will be. Something I’m currently pondering…
Posted 1/11/2005 at 5:18 PM
My boss told me today that I have to make a presentation in front of the entire school district! O-H–M-Y–!!!! I do not enjoy talking infront of small groups of adults, much less hundreds of people!! I’m so terrified. I start trembling just thinking about it! I’m NOT happy about this!! Another teacher was supposed to do it, but she got out of it and since I’m the new kid on the block! So lucky me!!
What happened to teachers actually teaching students? I feel like my job is everything, but teaching all too often! I could go on and on about this, but I’m tired!
Posted 1/10/2005 at 9:53 PM
I would love to have more friends and family join Xanga! (HINT!! HINT!! LOL…for those few of you that read this!!!) Go t4tots brother!! That is so cool!!
Posted 1/9/2005 at 10:26 PM
Ok, I finally got to look at my site on a PC. I was ticked to see that stuff wasn’t as I see it on my Mac!! A BIG thanks to Rob for spending hours helping me “fix” a lot of my html and also help correct the problems to make my site look the way I want it to on all formats!!
Now I’d like to get a triple background going and I’ll be happy!
Also thanks to msmusic74 for responding to my question yesterday!
Posted 1/9/2005 at 10:8 PM
I’m in a quandary…not really a big deal, but I need your opinion! I like for my blog site to be pleasing to the eye. I also like it to be colors that will go with all seasons….but this orange and blue is not neutral at all. I feel like my new look is a little bright. What do you think? Should I change to something more neutral or stick with the Auburn colors for now? I can’t find anything that I’d want to change to, but I’m going to keep looking just in case!
Posted 1/8/2005 at 10:46 PM
105 Things About Me…
1. A lot of people mispronounce my first name.
2. I was born in September.
3. I’m a Libra.
4. I was raised by my paternal grandparents since I was 3.
5. I’ve been married for 7 years.
6. I was born and lived in Texas for 20 years.
7. I’ve lived in Auburn, AL for 8 years.
8. I went to Texas Tech for 2 years.
9. I graduated from Richland High School in 1994.
10. I went to Richland Middle School and Glenview Elementary.
11. I went to the same elementary, middle, and high schools as my dad and three uncles.
12. I was a Dixie Belle, the dance team/kick line in high school.
13. I met my husband in an AOL chat room in November 1995.
14. I flew to Atlanta to meet him in December 1995.
15. I moved to Auburn in April 1996.
16. I have a Corgi.
17. I have a sister and 2 brothers (from my parent’s 2nd marriages).
18. I found out I was pregnant with my first son the day after my 22nd birthday.
19. I was almost 5 months along!
20. I found out I was pregnant with my second son the day before hubby’s 27th birthday.
21. I was about 5 weeks along!
22. I collect clowns of all sorts.
23. The states I’ve been to are Texas, Lousiana, Alabama, California, Virginia, New York, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Arkansas, Arizona, Oklahoma, Maryland, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington DC (I know that’s not a state!).
25. I’ve been to Mexico, Victoria, BC, St. Thomas, Saint John, St. Maarten/St. Martin, San Juan, Puerto Rico, England, and Scottland.
26. Things that make me really happy are chocolate, a clean house, a healthy family, sleep, being caught up on everything, having closets full of clean nicely hung and folded clothes, relaxing after having a productive day with Baby T in my arms, traveling, getting compliments, nice surprises, having chores done for me without me having to ask, kids, memories of my grandfather, and more (can’t think of them all!)
27. I drove a Rhino Riders all the way from Simpson Bay to Happy Bay while visiting St. Maarten in the Caribbean Sea.
28. I love reality TV, especially Survivor, The Amazing Race, Trading Spaces, and Fear Factor.
29. My favorite soap opera is All My Children, which I don’t watch that often!
30. I love to watch Discovery Health Channel.
31. I like to sleep, a lot.
32. I love taking pictures, especially of my kids.
33. I have red hair with natural blonde highlights from the sun.
34. I have hazel eyes.
35. I started wearing glasses when I was 21.
36. I started wearing contacts in 2002 before a cruise.
37. I’ve been on 4 cruises in 3 years.
38. I like playing The Sims.
39. My favorite fast food places are Chick-Fil-A, Fazoli’s, and Taco Bell,
40. I’ve been to Disney World and Disneyland.
41. My dream car is a BMW.
42. My dream vacations are to go to Italy, Alaskan Cruise, and Australia.
43. I’m addicted to the internet.
44. I’m addicted to blogging.
45. I’m addicted to blinkies.
46. I have PCOS.
47. I like CSI, ER, Third Watch, and among many others!
48. I love Fox News!
49. I miss living close to my family!
50. My favorite restuarants are Chili’s, Niffer’s, and Laredo’s Mexican Restuarant.
51. My favorite foods are Peanut Butter on Ritz crackers, Chips Ahoy cookies, Granola Bars, and Fritos.
52. I graduated from Auburn University in 1999.
53. I am Methodist.
54. I am a huge fan of Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity.
55. I tend to be conservative.
56. I love babies!
57. I changed my major just one time in college.
58. Often I wish I wouldn’t have!
59. I hate roaches!
60. I’m scared of getting in a wreck and hitting deer!
61. I’m in my 6th year of teaching.
62. I’m in my 1st year of teaching 5th grade.
63. I taught 2nd grade for 4 years.
64. I taught 6th grade for 1 year.
65. If I could be any profession other than teaching, it would be a stay at home mom.
66. I’ve dislocated both knee caps twice in high school.
67. I love music.
68. My absolute all time favorite groups and singers are Sting, Chicago, Journey, Def Leopard, and more…
69. I also really like Elton John, Chuck Mangione, Toto, U2, and more…
70. I’ve been to lots of Elton John concerts (can’t remember how many!)
71. I’ve seen Elton John and Billy Joel twice.
72. I’ve seen Weird Al in concert.
73. I’ve seen Meatloaf in concert.
74. I’ve seen Blue Man Group in concert. (AWESOME!!)
75. I’m too embarrassed to say who my first concert was!
76. My favorite movie of all time is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
77. I love broadway musicals!
78. I’ve seen Oklahoma twice.
79. I’ve seen Cats twice at the Fox in Atlanta.
80. I’ve seen Phantom of the Opera at the Fox in Atlanta.
81. I’ve seen Aida. Once before Broadway and once on Broadway!
82. I’ve seen Lion King at the Civic Center in Atlanta.
83. I’ve seen 42nd Street on Broadway in New York!
84. I have never dyed my hair.
85. I have never smoked.
86. I have never done drugs!
87. I won’t ever dye my hair, do drugs, or smoke!
88. I drink Diet Coke all the time.
89. I need to drink more water!
90. I like Dr. Pepper and Coke too!
91. I love country clip art!
92. I have a pinched nerve in my neck.
93. I don’t like to talk in front of large groups of people.
94. I despise yard work, but I do it anyway!
95. I have both my big toenails removed because of in-grown toenails.
96. I have part of another toenail permanently removed because of an in-grown toenail.
97. I sleep with the fan on year round.
98. I sleep with my feet outside the covers.
100. I love to be barefoot!
100. I take digital photography only.
101. I am a Mac user!
102. I will never go back to PCs!
103. I get headaches a lot.
104. My allergies drive me crazy.
105. I love 30 Minute Meals!
Posted 1/7/2005 at 9:54 PM
I’m in the process of posting pics from our trip. Drew’s watching Oliver and Company and Alex’s sleeping. Rob’s at the AU gymnastics meet with some coworkers. I have so much I should be doing! I’m just tired and feeling blah!
Rob and I made a budget last night, which I’m excited about and just hope we can stick with it! We’re starting to save for the boys’ college education = $180,000! OUCH!! But we feel it’s important to provide an education or at least a foundation to start on for our kids. The main reason we made a budget is because we have some debt we’re anxious to get rid of!
We also owe Laura and Zelda a HUGE thank you for watching the kids while we went to New Orleans!!!
Posted 1/6/2005 at 8:39 PM
We’re back! Wow! I feel like I’ve been beat up! Rob and I went to the Sugar Bowl last night. I was so tense during the game! We came out with a win, which is what counts! The lead singer from 3 Doors Down sang the National Anthem.
Here’s where we ate:
Dinner after the game:
Posted 1/4/2005 at 7:52 PM
WOW! So it’s 2005!! I haven’t really had time to think about my goals or ‘resolutions’ like many of you! I guess I’ll do that when I get back from our trip. We’ll be back Tuesday afternoon and I’ll be going back to work Wednesday. Uhgh! But I’m not going to think about that! Tomorrow we’ll be in New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl! It will be fun. I’ll be really happy to get out. We’ve been hanging out with Rob’s family (his dad’s side of the family) in Baton Rouge. We had a real nice time Friday at the BREC Zoo. I’ll post pictures of that when we get back since I’m dialing in on my cell phone here.
Anyway! Guess I’ll go…talk to you later!
Posted 1/2/2005 at 10:8 PM